||Regular Activities of SCV Camp 458:
- Monthly Meetings for Fellowship and Learning
- Annual events such as the Pacific-Northwest SCV Convention and Grand Ball
- Preservation of Confederate History, Artifacts, and Symbols
- Education of the Local Populace about the True History of the South
- Recruiting Booths at Reenactments and Gun Shows
- Locating and Honoring every Confederate Veteran buried in Oregon
- Cemetery/Grave Clean-ups and Memorial Services for Confederate Veterans
- Fun Activities such as Bar-b-cues, Picnics, and Christmas Parties
- And much more!
SCV Camp #458 is involved in many extra-curricular activities in the local community and the State of Oregon. As Sons of Confederate Veterans, one of our Camp's main missions is to locate and catalog all Confederate veterans buried in the State of Oregon. Eight more Confederate veterans were recently located within the City of Portland, three more in the Wallowa and Union County area, and we're busy working all across the state to locate and honor these heroes of the South.
When we locate these graves we take pride in cleaning the veteran's headstones, as well as any family he may be buried with and the surrounding area around the plots. For those veterans who do not have a marker, it is our duty to obtain one for the veteran from the U.S. Veterans Administration.
Our Camp has hosted SCV conventions and period dances, has had nationally acclaimed speakers and guests visit, organized memorial services, held recruiting events at "Civil War" re-enactments and gun shows, sponsored booths at Kids Day in Milwaukie and other historical events. We hold an annual bar-b-cue, and much more.
We also hold monthly meetings where we always have great guest speakers and/or educational programs concerning Confederate history. These meetings are always open to the public, so please come visit us!